Glute Bridge (lift)
- Lie flat on the floor on your back (or with shoulders on bench as pictured to the right)6 with the hands by your side and your knees bent. Your feet should be placed around shoulder width. This will be your starting position.
- Pushing mainly with your heels, lift your hips off the floor while keeping your back straight. Breathe out as you perform this part of the motion and hold at the top for a second.
- Slowly go back to the starting position as you breathe in.
Variations: You can perform this exercise one leg at a time.
- Set the bar to the proper height in a power rack. Kneel behind the bar; it may be beneficial to put a mat down to pad your knees. Slide under the bar, racking it across the back of your shoulders. Your shoulder blades should be retracted and the bar tight across your back. Unrack the weight.
- With your head looking forward, sit back with your butt until you touch your calves.
- Reverse the motion, returning the torso to an upright position.